Frequently Asked Questions
There is always a lot to consider when deciding whether to attend a conference and how to plan for your trip. We hope many of your questions will be answered here. If not, do not hesitate to reach out to the NATA office for more information.
There is definitely a lot to know about how to make the most of your first NATA conference. There will be several ways for you to learn more about the event before getting on a plane.
Be sure to start with reviewing the FAQ's listed below.
All first-time attendees are assigned a Conference Buddy. Your buddy will contact you to check in before the event, accompany you to the first-timer's reception, answer questions you may have, and introduce you to other NATA members. Don't be afraid to reach out to your buddy once you are matched, and don't be afraid to let staff know if your buddy is not a good match for you so we can find you another buddy that it is a better fit.
Before your buddy is assigned, you'll also be invited to attend a virtual informational session about the conference, where all your questions will be answered. We hope to see you there!
For more information, including testimonials from other first-time attendees, visit the First-Timer page.
Dress code for this conference is business casual.
Scholarships for conference registration fees and hotel costs are available for Regular NATA members.
To apply, complete and submit the Scholarship Request form before registering for the conference.
The scholarship committee will review all applications on a rolling basis as they are received. Applications will be accepted and reviewed until October 31st or until all scholarship funds are awarded, whichever comes first. If awarded, follow up instructions will be provided for registering for the event and reserving a room.
You are welcome to bring partners, friends, or other guests along to enjoy all that our host city has to offer!
Only paid conference registrants may attend the conference educational programming and meals during the day.
Guests may attend off-site events by purchasing a ticket for each event at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the conference but may not partake in lunches or breakfasts provided for conference attendees.
The event begins on Monday afternoon with a first-timer's reception and opening banquet and wraps up on Thursday evening with a closing banquet. You'll want to arrive in our host city on Monday morning or afternoon and plan to depart any time on Friday.
First-Timers may have specific events tailored to them. Check out the First-Timers Information page for more details.
A preliminary schedule of events will be published when registration opens in June. The Program page will be updated on a regular basis to provide the most up to date information as the conference planning team continues to confirm presenters and finalize the event details.
We understand that life happens, and plans change. Our goal is to be as flexible as possible while still considering the financial obligations NATA makes based on registrations received. To that end, we offer the following guidelines for cancellations and refunds.
All conference fees must be paid upon registration for the event unless a scholarship is requested.
- Any registration that remains unpaid 7 calendar days prior to the scheduled event will be cancelled.
- Participants who show up to an event for which their registration was cancelled for nonpayment, may pay for the event and participate only if there is still room available.
- No discounts will apply to registrations made, but not paid, by the early registration discount deadline.
If you are unable to attend an event you have registered and paid for in advance, there are a few options:
- Registration may be transferred to another person within the same organization for a $25 change fee.
- Written request (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org) for transfer of registration must be made at least 7 business days or more prior to the event.
NATA is required to guarantee numbers for each meal and activity approximately 7-10 days prior to the start of the event. Once guarantees are made, no refunds are offered.
- Cancellations received on or before 10 calendar days prior to the first day of the conference, will be refunded in full minus a $50.00 cancellation fee.
- No refund will be issued for cancellations received less than 10 calendar days before the first day of the conference unless in accordance with the Emergency Policy below.
- All cancellation requests must be sent in writing via e-mail to email@example.com. You may also log into MemberHub to cancel your event registration.
Cancellation by NATA
NATA is not responsible for last minute problems beyond our control such as weather or road conditions. No refunds will be given in these situations.
Emergency Illness or Death of Registrant or Immediate Family Member
Refunds may be granted if an attendee is unable to attend the conference due to a family death, illness, or other extraordinary circumstance. In such a circumstance, NATA must be contacted by phone or e-mail. If initial notification is by phone, it must be followed up in writing. Emergency refunds will still be subject to a $100 processing fee.
- Emergency refund requests must be submitted within 1 week (7 calendar days) of the end of the conference.
- Emergency refund requests received more than 1 week after the end of the conference will not be considered.
- Special requests for a refund must be approved by the Executive Director.
Please contact NATA at 800-966-6282 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about these refund and cancellation policies.
Once you have registered to attend NATA's Annual Conference, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to use to book your hotel room in NATA's discounted room block.
Please see the Travel & Hotel page for information about the venue.
To get to San Diego, most travelers fly into San Diego International Airport.
There is no hotel shuttle available, so you'll need to arrange to get from the airport to the hotel, which is about a 20-minute drive. The easiest options are Uber or Lyft. For more information about local transportation options, visit the hotel's webpage about transport.
In the fall, all Conference Attendees will receive an invitation to join our Conference App "Whova". NATA Members will have the ability to join a conversation channel where they can express an interest in sharing rides.
Plan to arrive by early afternoon on Monday, December 9th and depart on Friday, December 13th to experience the full schedule of conference events and activities.
All meals are included with conference registration except for the NATA Night Out dinner.
Meals will be kosher-style with vegetarian/vegan options available. You will be able to indicate any food allergies or other restrictions upon registration. We will do our very best to accommodate special diets.