In This Section
As a volunteer-driven organization, member participation is the strength behind NATA’s activities and events. NATA offers many ways to get involved, get connected, and give back. Using your skills to benefit others not only showcases your abilities, but helps you build community and contribute to the advancement of the profession of synagogue executive directors and administrators.
Developing the future leaders of NATA is a vital part of ensuring a vibrant and sustainable future for the benefit of all NATA members. We hope you will consider not just becoming a member, but also following the path to being a leader of the organization.
The Path to NATA Leadership
NATA's leadership development program is designed to engage members in the work of the organization and build on each member's individual areas of interest. Each stage of leadership development prepares you for the next level and helps build your familiarity with the organization and how it operates.
Early involvement with NATA may include:
- Connecting with an onboarding coach to learn about the organization and benefits of membership.
- Participating in monthly virtual forum discussions via Zoom.
- Interacting with peers in online forums on our members-only networking site.
- Attending the annual conference.
- Enroll in NATA's online management classes or plan to attend the NATA Institute.
Activities in the next stage on the way to NATA leadership include:
- Contributing to the governance of the organization by joining a committee. A variety of committees ensures members can engage in activities they are most passionate about.
- Serve as an Onboarding Coach for new members.
- Applying to join an Aspiring Leaders cohort.
- Become a thought leader by actively engaging in our online community, NATA Connect.
As you become more involved and begin to build relationships throughout the organization: